Your iPhone is full of useful options — together with stay voicemail transcription, voice isolation for calls and the choice to view all of your Wi-Fi passwords — and Apple’s Notes app is not any exception. It is some of the highly effective note-taking instruments within the cellular world. You should utilize it for buying lists, on-the-fly reminders and jotting down another vital tidbits you’ll be able to consider.
There are an abundance of the way to make use of the Notes app to trace every part in your life. However should you’ve been utilizing it for a very long time, there is a good likelihood you have constructed up a big assortment of notes, which may make it tough to trace down the notes you really want frequently.
One of many handiest options got here within the type of tags, which had been added to iOS 15 in 2021.
Tags, that are just like the hashtags used on social media websites equivalent to Instagram or TikTok, might be added wherever on a observe, together with the title. You’ll be able to add them at any time, even retroactively. You can even set up your notes into common folders, however that requires a little bit of ahead planning and thought work.
Learn extra: Greatest iPhone in 2023: Which Apple Cellphone Ought to You Purchase?
So as to add a tag to a observe, sort # then enter a brand new tag identify and press the house bar. You can even select an current tag by typing # and deciding on the tag you need. The ideas will seem above your keyboard, the place autocorrections often are.
Three tags I recurrently use are the #recipe, #grocerylist and #receipt tags. After I faucet on the #recipe tag, Notes will pull up a group of recipes I’ve tagged regardless of the folder they’re saved in. I am going to hit up my #grocerylist tag, which can serve up all my earlier grocery lists, when it is time for me to restock. And I am going to discuss with my #receipt tag, which brings up tagged receipts, once I’m reconciling bills towards my bank card assertion.
Tags do not should be one steady phrase, however they can not comprise areas. You should utilize hyphens, numbers and underscores — for instance #receipts-feb2023 or #grocerylist-vegan. You can even add a number of tags to a single observe or use tags to create good folders, which is basically a group of notes assembled by tag no matter which folder they’re saved in.
Utilizing tags, just like the journey one on this picture, is a good way to arrange your iPhone notes and keep away from shedding them.
Apple/Screenshot by Sareena Dayaram
Don’t fret should you’ve by no means used tags earlier than, and wish to begin organizing your notes. You’ll be able to tag a number of notes retroactively — here is how.
1. Go to the folder with the record of notes
2. Faucet the Extra button (three dots), then choose Notes
3. Choose the notes you need tagged, then faucet Tags on the backside of the display. If you have already got a group of tags, the iPhone will pull up those you have already got so that you can select from. (So when deciding on notes, its extra environment friendly to decide on those which have related matters if potential so you’ll be able to tag them in a single fell swoop.) If you have no pre-existing tags, the iPhone will serve up tag ideas so that you can select from.
4. Choose the tags you wish to add to the notes, then faucet Achieved.
The good folder act like a filter and collects all notes with particular hashtags.
Apple/Screenshot by Sareena Dayaram
If you wish to accumulate your tagged notes right into a folder, use the Sensible Folder characteristic (launched alongside tags in iOS 15) like so:
1. Faucet the New Folder button
2. Enter a reputation and faucet Make Into Sensible Folder
3. Select which filters you need — sure tags, when notes had been created, after they had been final edited and extra — these notes will mechanically be included within the folder
4. Faucet Achieved, and your Sensible Folder is created
You can even convert an everyday folder right into a Sensible Folder by tapping the Extra button and selecting the “convert” possibility.
In the event you loved this iPhone productiveness tip, make sure that to take a look at these 10 hidden iOS 16 settings that’ll change how you utilize your iPhone, in addition to our iOS 17 cheat sheet that will help you take advantage of your iPhone.
Watch this: CNET’s Greatest Smartphones From 2023
I Took 600+ Images With the iPhone 15 Professional and Professional Max. Have a look at My Favorites
See all images